Are you looking for ways to network with individuals in your area who share your interest in aging? Many cities including Chicago, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC have seen the development of networking groups for emerging professionals. The following are a few of the groups of which the GSWI is aware. They are organized by state, and you can use the menu below to jump to a particular listing.
If you know of another networking organization and think it should be listed here let us know! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Socialworkhelper.com - Socialworkhelper is a new, free social networking tool created exclusively for social work, social care, and human service professionals and students. The mission of Socialworkhelper.com is to connect people in the social work profession from around the globe to help increase collaboration, engagement, and support for one another. Additionally, you can create groups, forums, events, blogs, upload photos, create forums, keep up with birthdays, and not lose the things you love about other social networks.
- Future Professionals in Health and Aging - Future Professionals in Health and Aging (FPHA) was established in the fall of 2010 to create a space for students in the San Jose State University community who are interested in careers in health and aging by providing them with unique opportunities to expand their experience and knowledge within these fields. As a student organization, they hope to promote and raise the consciousness of the general SJSU population regarding the presence of older people and their economic, social, spiritual, and physical well being within the San Jose community.
- The Chicago BRIDGE: Emerging Professionals in the Field of Aging - The Chicago Bridge is a grassroots organization for professionals in the early to mid-stages of their careers in aging. Their goal is to provide support, as well as, networking and social opportunities for members of all ages while encouraging leadership. Events include resume workshops, and lectures from local professionals.
- Gerontology Professionals of Long Island -
First formed in 1990, the Gerontology Professionals of Long Island serves as a networking and educational center for nurses, social workers, service providers, educators, advocates, students, and scores of other professionals who serve the aging population of Long Island.
- Emerging Aging NYC - Emerging Aging NYC is a new group in New York City that connects young professionals with each other and with leaders of organizations in aging. Started in the spring of 2012, it is a resource for professionals from a variety of backgrounds who are just starting out in their careers and seeking to grow professionally.
- GROWS: Grassroots Organization for the Wellbeing of Seniors - Established in 1989, the Grass Roots Organization for the Well-being of Seniors dedicates its time to securing the well-being of seniors through the shared strength of diverse organizations and individuals. They are a membership organization working to educate the community about the needs of seniors as well as the needs of their caregivers. No other partnership in the area brings together so many groups dedicated to serving older adults and their caregivers. They offer many opportunities for members to participate in educational activities and special events.
Boston Bridge - Boston Bridge is a membership organization for graduate students and emerging professionals in the field of aging. The group holds regular meetings in order to hear from speakers, learn from mentors, and network with each other in the areas of social work, medicine, law, architecture, policy, and business as it relates to seniors. The vision of Boston Bridge is to inspire and invigorate connected, passionate, and informed professionals to be a part of the transformation of an aging America.
- Eldercare Professionals of Ohio - Eldercare Professionals of Ohio, LLC is dedicated to comprehensive development for professionals serving the needs of elderly clients and their caregivers. The mission of the organization is to promote professional development and ensure quality care for aging and elderly clients. Through monthly meetings professionals receive new information about services, programs and products to support the highest quality of care is delivered to the elderly client and patient.
- GenPhilly – Generation Appreciation Philadelphia (GenPhilly) is a network of emerging professionals who are inspiring Philadelphians to connect with older adults through their work and personal lives. Through creative programming and professional development opportunities, they are working to change stereotypes and establish Philadelphia as a lifelong community for everyone.
- Professional Network on Aging (PNA) - The Professional Network on Aging (PNA) comprises over 183 organizations and 380 individuals serving today’s and tomorrow’s seniors. They provide opportunities for those individuals serving seniors to come together for professional development. The PNA serves the mid-south area with members from Shelby, Fayette, McNairy and Tipton counties in Tennessee; Crittenden County in Arkansas and Desoto County in Mississippi.
- Loudoun Senior Interest Network - The Loudoun Senior Interest Network is a committee comprised of professionals, business people, community volunteers, and other members of the community who care about sharing information and increasing access to services impacting the quality of life for Loudoun County seniors.
- Emerging Leaders in Aging – ELA is a non-profit organization with a mission to cultivate, support, and sustain tomorrow’s leaders in the field of aging by providing networking and learning opportunities for professionals in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.